Insecurity: I don’t visit Abuja for solution, I do my job in Kogi – Yahaya Bello
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi has said that he does not visit Abuja for solutions to insecurity challenges in his state.
Speaking during an interview on Channels Television on Thursday February 18, Bello averred that he acts on information he receives from security agencies and does not pay lip service to them.
“The Nigeria Police that are in the country today are the same in Kogi State. The Army in the country are the same in Kogi State. All the law enforcement agencies we have in the country today are exactly what I have in Kogi State.
“So, when they provide such information, we act on it, we don’t pay lip service, we don’t pass buck, we don’t visit Abuja for solutions at all times. I don’t think there is any day I have ever visited Abuja for any solution. What I do is to sit down here and do my job.”
Bello who also stated that there is a need for governors to collaborate and implement policies that will put an end to the farmers-herders crisis affecting parts of the country, also disclosed that stakeholders in Kogi state collaborate with security agencies to analyse intelligence to forestall the breakdown of law and order.
“We are corroborating, the commissioner of police, my director (of) DSS, my Army commander, my naval commander, civil defense commander, we are corroborating and they are relating very well with the citizens, they connected to the people and leadership at all levels are doing their best starting from the community leaders, ward leaders, the local government chairmen, and leaders, youth leaders, market leaders, farmers and what have you. We are corroborating very well.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides