Against the backdrop of measures towards combating crimes and criminality, Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) said that government is leveraging on digital technologies for enhanced national security architecture.
Magashi stated this in a remark at the Course 29 graduation lecture of the National Defence College, Abuja, according to a statement signed by Spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri, on Monday.
He assured that the overall interest of government under the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari is focused on enhancing security of lives and property of the citizenry .
While assuring that the on going Military Campaigns in parts of the Country against terrorism, banditry, kidnapping and militancy are well on course, he said Nigerians need to appreciate the effort of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces to emplace collective security.
He said the supports of all Nigerians and that of the friendly nations are germane to end the nation’s internal security challenges pointing out that government relied heavily on digital technology for safe and secured environment especially in this period of the fourth global Industrial Revolution.
The Defence Minister who placed it on record that provision of security is a continum thanked the leadership of the National Defence College under the watch of the Rear Admiral Oladele Bamidele Daji for the choice of the topic of the lecture; “Enhancing Digital Technology in the Oil and Gas Sector of Nigeria for National Development” delivered by the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Timipre Sylva.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion