Following the rising insecurity in Nigeria, Sokoto State government has ordered the immediate closure of 16 boarding schools in the state.
A statement issued by the Special Adviser on Media to Aminu Tanbuwal, Governor of Sokoto State, Mohammed Bello, says the decision was taken following the security situation in the affected areas and the threats this portends.
Bello said the affected schools include Government Girls Model Secondary School, Illela, Sultan Muhammadu Tambari Arabic Secondary School, Illela, Gamji Girls College, Rabah, Government Secondary School, Gada, Government Secondary School, Gandi and Government Secondary School, Goronyo.
Others are: Government Secondary School, Isa, Government Secondary School Sabon Birnin Gobir, Boarding Primary School, Isa, Boarding Primary School, Balle, Boarding Primary School, Jabo, UBE Junior Secondary School, Sabon Birni, Government Secondary School, Kebbe, Government Secondary School, Tureta, Government Technical College, Binji and Olusegun Obasanjo Technical College, Bafarawa.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA