Insurgency: Commander tasks troops on gallantry, discipline
Maj.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya, Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, has urged troops fighting against insurgency to show gallantry and discipline in the discharge of their duty.
Yahaya made the call on Friday in Bama during an operational visit to Operation Tura Takaibango, a subsidiary of Operation Lafiya Dole.
The commander who was received by Maj.-Gen. Abdul Khalifa, GOC Division 7 of the Army, urged the troops to be committed to the protection of Nigeria’s territorial integrity.
“You have to imbibe the right attitude as professional soldiers, do not give room for laxity and assumptions. deal decisively with terrorists when you see them,”’ he said.
Yahaya commended the troops for successfully dislodging Boko Haram insurgents in no fewer than 10 camps in Sambisa forest, adding, “your task should be to dominate and decimate all the insurgents”
“I urge you to maintain the momentum. You have exuded professionalism, competence and dedication to duty.
”Do remain courageous, committed and more determined to clear the remnant of the terrorists,” he said.
The commander also commended the Cameroonian Defence Force (CDF) of the Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) for their resilience and support to the troops.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Yahaya called on the Shehu of Bama, Alhaji Umar-Kyari Umar-El-Kanemi during the visit.
He commended the shehu for his efforts in building strong and mutual cooperation between his kingdom and troops.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls