He said the inclusion of women in the scheme of things was because of their critical roles in building stronger and healthier world where both genders work in harmony.
The governor stated this in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ilorin on Monday to mark this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD).
AbdulRazaq congratulated women in the state on the commemoration of the day and promised to continue to give voice to women because doing so was key to achieving sustainable development and inclusive growth.
“On this occasion of the 2021 International Women’s Day, we state that there is no turning back in our determination to giving voice to our women and empowering the girl child.
“Whether in the political decision making process or in the bureaucratic settings, we are setting a new standard of building a sustainable and brighter future by upholding affirmative action.
“Our agenda to empower Kwara women aligns with the theme of this year’s celebration which is ‘Women in Leadership: Achieving an Equal Future in a COVID-19 world’.
“The administration is committed to socioeconomic and political empowerment and inclusion of women because of their critical roles in building a stronger and healthier world where both genders work in harmony for the larger good of our communities.
“This commitment is glaring in our appointments, programmes and policies just under the last two years.
“As the world commemorates the IWD, the administration is proud to have given better opportunities to women in the state and we are certain of the effects this will have in preparing our girl child for a future of greater possibilities,” the statement read in part.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes