He said the inclusion of women in the scheme of things was because of their critical roles in building stronger and healthier world where both genders work in harmony.
The governor stated this in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ilorin on Monday to mark this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD).
AbdulRazaq congratulated women in the state on the commemoration of the day and promised to continue to give voice to women because doing so was key to achieving sustainable development and inclusive growth.
“On this occasion of the 2021 International Women’s Day, we state that there is no turning back in our determination to giving voice to our women and empowering the girl child.
“Whether in the political decision making process or in the bureaucratic settings, we are setting a new standard of building a sustainable and brighter future by upholding affirmative action.
“Our agenda to empower Kwara women aligns with the theme of this year’s celebration which is ‘Women in Leadership: Achieving an Equal Future in a COVID-19 world’.
“The administration is committed to socioeconomic and political empowerment and inclusion of women because of their critical roles in building a stronger and healthier world where both genders work in harmony for the larger good of our communities.
“This commitment is glaring in our appointments, programmes and policies just under the last two years.
“As the world commemorates the IWD, the administration is proud to have given better opportunities to women in the state and we are certain of the effects this will have in preparing our girl child for a future of greater possibilities,” the statement read in part.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50