Operatives of the Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, March 8, 2021, arrested 37 internet fraud suspects, also known as ‘Yahoo-Yahoo Boys’ in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
The arrest was sequel to series of intelligence reports on the alleged criminal activities of some internet fraudsters operating in the area. Officers of the Commission had carried out series of discreet surveillance on the nature of activities going on in the area which established that the location where the suspects were rounded up is a hideout for fraudsters.
Two of the suspects arrested are brothers of the same parent – Dada Dele and Dada Tunde. Others include Segun Kazeem, Adepoju Pelumi, Jejelowo Segun, David Ojo, Sodiq Adetoye, Opeyemi Akiniyi, Michael Ekundayo, Victor Olujobi, Damilola Akinluyi and Attamah Hyauth.
Others are: Ade Ajayi Tobi, Oyewola Adewunmi, Emmanuel Bello, Lekan Oyewole, Oso Opeyemi, Oluwaseun Temitope Ezekiel, Akinrodolu Sunday, Emmanuel Attah, Sunday Adedoyin, George Tobi, Odunayo Daramola, Olubola Olushola Sunday, Temitope Ayomide, Faboro John Oluwagbotemi, Ajibade Timilehin Emmanuel and Momoh Ranti.
The raid led to the confiscation of scores of vehicles, laptops, sophisticated phones and other items.
The suspects are currently being profiled to determine their culpability in the alleged crime and would be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum