A university lecturer and professor in Department of Industrial Chemistry, University of Ilorin, Alafara Baba, has gotten a new appointment.
Alafara was appointed as a Council Representative of the Extraction & Processing Division (EPD) Education Committee of The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS), United States of America.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the appointment, which is for a period of three years, will take effect at the EPD Council meeting on March 30, 2021.
According to a letter signed by Prof. Christina Meskers, the TMS Director/Chair Extraction & Processing Division, Prof. Alafara is expected to work with other international members of the TMS Education Committee, and liaise between the EPD Council and the Education Committee for exchange of information and insights, and contribute to the EPD Council business.
Alafara, the current National Vice President (Science), Materials Science and Technology Society of Nigeria (MSN) and Secretary, Hydrometallurgy & Electrometallurgy Committee of the Extraction and Processing Division of TMS, will lead the Energy Technology and Carbon-dioxide Management Symposium at the 150th AIME-TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition (TMS 2021 Virtual) of the Pan American Materials holding in Orlando, Florida, U.S.A. between 15th – 18th March, 2021.
At the four-day conference, themed he World Comes Here”, Prof. Alafara will also present some of his current research outcomes entitled “Preparation of high-grade Ammonium Metatungstate (AMT) as Precursor for Industrial Tungsten catalyst” and ”Low energy Mesoporous silica recovery from a Nigerian Kaolinite ore for Industrial value addition” in the Rare Metal Technology and Energy Technology categories, respectively.
These papers are initiatives developed to promote the growth of some local industries in Nigeria among others.
The event will feature technical divisions, including discussions on Extraction and Processing, Functioning Materials, Light Metals, Materials Processing, Manufacturing and Structural Materials among others would bring together scientists, engineers, business leaders and other professionals for a comprehensive, cross disciplinary exchange of technical knowledge.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling