A university lecturer and professor in Department of Industrial Chemistry, University of Ilorin, Alafara Baba, has gotten a new appointment.
Alafara was appointed as a Council Representative of the Extraction & Processing Division (EPD) Education Committee of The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS), United States of America.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the appointment, which is for a period of three years, will take effect at the EPD Council meeting on March 30, 2021.
According to a letter signed by Prof. Christina Meskers, the TMS Director/Chair Extraction & Processing Division, Prof. Alafara is expected to work with other international members of the TMS Education Committee, and liaise between the EPD Council and the Education Committee for exchange of information and insights, and contribute to the EPD Council business.
Alafara, the current National Vice President (Science), Materials Science and Technology Society of Nigeria (MSN) and Secretary, Hydrometallurgy & Electrometallurgy Committee of the Extraction and Processing Division of TMS, will lead the Energy Technology and Carbon-dioxide Management Symposium at the 150th AIME-TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition (TMS 2021 Virtual) of the Pan American Materials holding in Orlando, Florida, U.S.A. between 15th – 18th March, 2021.
At the four-day conference, themed he World Comes Here”, Prof. Alafara will also present some of his current research outcomes entitled “Preparation of high-grade Ammonium Metatungstate (AMT) as Precursor for Industrial Tungsten catalyst” and ”Low energy Mesoporous silica recovery from a Nigerian Kaolinite ore for Industrial value addition” in the Rare Metal Technology and Energy Technology categories, respectively.
These papers are initiatives developed to promote the growth of some local industries in Nigeria among others.
The event will feature technical divisions, including discussions on Extraction and Processing, Functioning Materials, Light Metals, Materials Processing, Manufacturing and Structural Materials among others would bring together scientists, engineers, business leaders and other professionals for a comprehensive, cross disciplinary exchange of technical knowledge.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal