The Magistrate found Sheik AbdulJabar Nasiru Kabara guilty on all charges filed against him by the state government, where he was accused of making unremarkable statements against the prophet Muhammad.
The defendant, in adopting his final written addresses dated and filed Sept.20, urged the court to dismiss the case filed by the Kano State Government against him and order the state to apologise to him.
But the prosecution counsel, Mamman Lawan-Yusufari, SAN, closed the case after four witnesses testified while the defendant presented one witness and tendered 24 books and memory card evidence to prove his case.
The defendant presented himself as a lone witness.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants