By Richard Akintade, Osogbo
Barely 48 hours of his release from his abductor, the Administrative Secretary, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC in Ekiti State, Dr. Barr. Omoleke Muslim Olujide, who was kidnapped by some gunmen and freed on Friday has said he was kidnapped by unemployed youths.
Omoleke, who spoke with newsmen on Sunday in Ile-Ife, Osun State said his abduction was coincidence because he was not on trail, blaming the incidence on the unemployment rate in the country.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the victim was highly elated in the midst of his family over the weekend and described the 24hours he used in the kidnappers den, as “traumatic.
While narrating his ordeals in the hands of his abductors, Omoleke said: “I was on my way from Akure in Ondo State to Ile-Ife. We stopped along the road at Iwaraja to off-load my daughter’s load when they came to us. Initially, they were two, later they were about seven and many of them were armed.
“They released my daughter and my driver and took me to an unknown place inside the bush. I was not maltreated. It was only the movement from one place to another that was stressful.
“I want to use this opportunity to thank the Almighty God, Nigerian Police Force, Journalists and all and sundry for the wonderful job they did. I didn’t pay any ransom before I was released. They demanded for N20 million but I told them we are poor in my family and I’m a civil servant.
“I was the only person there. I think the pressure was too much on them, they said they are not comfortable keeping me.
“The first day, there was nothing, but the second day, they gave me rice and water which I couldn’t eat.”
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others