The Police Command in Lagos State has arrested six suspects for questioning over the shooting and killing of one Kayode Olorunroba (m), 35, of No. 3, Werewere St., Alagbado in Lagos State.
The command’s spokesman, SP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said in a statement on Monday that Olorunroba was shot at AVID Sharwama Spot, Alagbado on Friday.
Adejobi said that the suspects had begun to give useful information that could assist the police in its investigation.
“The deceased had an altercation with another customer, who is now at large at the spot.
“After the shooting; the deceased’s friend, Kazeem, took him (Kayode) to a herbalist in Ogun , who extracted the pellets from him instead of reporting the incident to the police.
“Kazeem later took Kayode to his brother’s house at Ipaja Area, Lagos State, where he gave up the ghost,’’ he said.
Adejobi said that detectives acting on the directives of the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Hakeem Odumosu, were mobilised to hunt for the suspects and arrested them.
“Odumosu has ordered the State Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Panti, to take over the case for discreet investigation.
“He (commissioner) reiterates his commitment to rid Lagos State of crime and criminality with the support of the residents of the state,’’ Adejobi said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State