Kwara state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Olusola Amore, has urged residents of the state to take advantage of the community policing strategy which the command had introduced to combat crimes and criminality as well as excesses of policemen in the state.
He stated this at the weekend when he received in audience members of the newly elected executive council of Correspondents’ Chapel of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in the state who paid him a courtesy visit in his office.
CP Amore said the state’s police command under his leadership had made access to police services just a minute distance to residents of the state adding that, “although, Kwara State is relatively peaceful, a lot of things were going wrong in the society which requires that all hands must be on deck to curb crimes.”
According to him, “embracing the spirit of together we can was necessary for the prevailing peaceful atmosphere in the state not to turn out to be ‘peace of the graveyard. Media practitioners should assist the public in correcting the misconception some members of the public have about the police.”
He said the command had made it mandatory for all area commanders and Divisional Police Officers to display their numbers on the wall of their stations just like he, the (CP) had done so that members of the public can always reach them immediately.
“I am making police service available to resident of Kwarans, if you think your life is in danger or a police man is engaging in unprofessional conduct, your distance to reaching me is to make one minute phone call. My two phone numbers are displayed on the walls at the Command headquarters because, as we are combating crimes, we also want to curb the excesses of the police”
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection