The President of Nigerian Youth Congress, (NYC) Dr. Yakubu Shendam, has joined other world leaders to congratulate Mr. Donald Trump over his victory at the US Presidential elections to become the 45th President of the country.
Shendam in a statement made available to newsmen in Jos the Plateau State capital on Sunday warned some Americans who are currently protesting as a result
of the outcome of the election to desist from such act stressing that “such act is capable of reducing America’s image to that of developing nations.”
He said: “I call on them to emulate former President Goodluck Jonathan who accepted the outcome of his election and later seek the supports of the entire citizenry for his opponent.
“If they continue with the protest the word of Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe surely will come to stay when he said they should relocate the United Nations’ headquarters to Africa. We in Africa have confident in Trump to turn around America’s economy and the world at large.
Shendam also urged Trump to strengthen relationship between America and Africa at large, we believe that his tenure as president will affect Nigerian youths positively in Nigeria and Africa at large.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children