The Kwara State government has expressed dissatisfaction over the monthly environmental sanitation exercise held today across the 16 local government areas of the state.
Speaking with journalists in Ilorin, the State Commissioner for Environment, Hon. Bosede Buraimoh expressed displeasure in which the people of the state dumped their refuse indiscriminately. READ ALSO: Saheed Osupa graduates from University of Ibadan
The commissioner urged them to desist from such act and make use of waste bin provided by the government.
“There was no full compliance to the restrictions given to human and vehicular movement as some people who were not on essential duty were seen moving in and around the places visited within the state capital, she added.
According to her, “regular cleaning of environment and improve personal hygiene would promote healthy living among the people of the state .
“The ministry will work in synergy with environment stakeholders in ensuring adequate compliance to the monthly exercise. READ ALSO: SAD… .”We wanted to use just her head alone for money ritual”
“The ministry will meet with community heads in order to address indiscriminate dumping of refuse around the metropolis.”
She further thanked the state government for the provision of some logistics needed to make Kwara neat and clean.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment