Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has commiserated with the family of Hon. Abubakar Magaji Olawoyin and the 9th Kwara State House of Assembly over the death of the House Leader, describing the incident as sad and shocking.
The governor stated this in a condolence message issued by his spokesman, Rafiu Ajakaye.
According to him, “I commiserate with the Emir of Ilorin Dr. Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, his immediate and extended family, the entire people of Magaji Ngeri/Ilorin Central State Constituency. I especially send our condolences to the House whose Leader Olawoyin was until his death this morning. We will miss in him a grassroots politician, a core party man, and a great lawmaker who truly distinguished himself as the Leader of the 9th House of Assembly,” the Governor said.
“I pray Almighty Allah, the Oft-Forgiving and the Merciful, to forgive and grant Hon. Olawoyin al-Jannah Firdaus and comfort his family.”
In another development, the Kwara State All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced the suspension of all outdoor campaign activities for the next one week in honour of the House of Assembly Leader Abubakar Magaji Olawoyin who died early Monday.
Prince Sunday Fagbemi, State APC Chairman stated this in a statement issued on Monday.
He said: “We hereby call on all our party organs, candidates and support groups to put a hold to all outdoor campaign rallies and activities for the next seven days until after the Fidau prayer. This is in honour of one of our leaders and brothers, Hon. Abubakar Magaji Olawoyin,” the statement said.
“We pray that Allah will grant Al-Jannah to all our dead, especially the Leader of the 9th Kwara State House of Assembly Hon. Abubakar Magaji Olawoyin.”
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets