The Kwara State Government has given approval for the release of funds to commence work on the new Satellite Campuses of the Kwara State University (KWASU), located at Osi (Ekiti) and Ilesha-Baruba (Baruten) Local Government Areas of the State.
Following this approval, the Commissioner for Tertiary Education, Senior Ibrahim Sulyman Esq, has directed the contractor handling the projects to resume work at both sites with immediate effect.
Sulyman gave the directive while inspecting one of the sites last Friday, adding that the approval necessitates the need for the contractor to move to site immediately.
The Commissioner explained that the present administration is putting all necessary machinery in motion to ensure effective and qualitative service delivery at all levels of education in the State.
He charged the contractor to display high level of professionalism and ensure usage of quality materials that will stand the test of time on the projects.
Earlier, a representative of the firm handling the project, Unicontinental International Engineering Company Limited had assured the Commissioner of the firm’s readiness to resume work by Wednesday, with a promise to completing the project within the specified duration of 8-10 months.
The company’s representative also lauded the efforts of the State Government for giving priority attention to the two Projects and pledged not to compromise standard.
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment