By Chidinma Chukwu
A real estate company is seeking to partner with the Committee of Youth on Mobilization and Sensitization (CYMS) in organizing a national conference on the promotion of peaceful coexistence in Nigeria.
The real estate consultant, Ms Cynthia Mbara made the request when she paid CYMS a courtesy visit in Lagos State.
This was disclosed in a statement signed by Director General of CYMS, Mr Obinna Nwaka on Monday.
The two day conference which also have the support of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) is scheduled to hold on the 10th and 11th of May 2022, at the International Conference Centre in Abuja.
CYMS also anticipate that the Keynote Address for the conference will be read by Vice President of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo.
Apart from the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha who will serve as the special guest of honour, other dignitaries to be present at the conference include; the Director General, Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution (IPCR), Executive Secretary, Nigeria Inter – Religious Council (NIREC), Prominent Traditional rulers, Religious Leaders, Youth and Students Organisations among others.
The real estate consultant commended CYMS for being proactive in youth development, various empowerment programmes and promotion of youth inclusion and urged that her company be allowed to participate in the National conference through supporting the development of youth, ethnic and religious cohension and to also showcase their services.
She also stressed the need for aggressive sensitisation against gender abuse.
Mbara highlighted some of the challenges confronting girl-child like, female genital mutilation, lack of basic education, empowerment, early marriage in the North and lack of Women inclusiveness in governance with reference to the declination of the bill by the National Assembly which was supposed to strengthen and give sense of belonging to Women.
In his response, the Director General of CYMS, Mr Obinna Nwaka commended the company for their interest in supporting the organization for the conference.
He however assured that CYMS will be committed to grassroots awareness on women empowerment with the aid of its structure and networking partners.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS