The Kwara State Executive Council has approved the award of contract for the establishment of a garment production factory.
To be known as Garment Production Village in Ilorin, the factory will provide job opportunities for thousands of Kwarans, particularly youths and women, Commissioner for Enterprise Hajia Arinola Lawal told the cabinet meeting that was presided over by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Wednesday.
Presenting the memo at the council meeting and explaining the bidding process for such high-end projects in line with the procurement law, the Commissioner put the cost of the garment factory at N1.8bn to be awarded to Freshvine Nigeria Ltd out of the three firms that bidded for it.
The commissioner highlighted all stages of due process and transparency the award of the contract went through before the presentation of the memo for the final council approval.
The commissioner also explained that various sustainable plans are in place for the factory to succeed.
Approving the memo, the council observed that the factory will be the largest in West Africa.
The council noted with delight that when operational, the factory has all the potentials to put Kwara on the world map and change the status of the state from a civil service state to a state with impressive industrial presence.
The Governor meanwhile explained that the project is primed to attract backward integration worth over N2bn of CBN investment in large scale cotton production in Kwara North and parts of the south.
These upcoming investments come on the heels of the agro-processing zone proposed for the northern senatorial district and fixing of the road connecting the phenomenal Owu Fall in Kwara South and the campuses of the Kwara State University in the two regions.
On the issue of security, the council emphasised the imperative for all residents of the state to support security agencies and government’s efforts towards sustaining the reputation of Kwara as a state of harmony.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate