Kwara govt to Build N500m Computer Village
The Kwara State Government commitment’s to the expansion of employment opportunities and entrepreneur development has received a boost with the groundbreaking of Harmony Hub (Computer Village) in Ilorin, the state capital by Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed. .
Speaking at the groundbreaking, Governor Ahmed said the Computer Village would directly employ about 600 youths when fully operational apart from the hundreds of indirect jobs that would be created in the process of its construction.
The Governor noted that the Computer Village which is estimated to cost N500 million would be funded through contractor financing as well as pre-sales or off-taker arrangements.
He noted that Information Communication Technology (ICT) has huge potential of employment generation and empowerment: “Nigeria’s ICT sector is reputed as the largest in Africa with $18b investments and 28 per cent internet penetration as of 2013”, the governor said.
Governor Ahmed promised that his government would continue to work with the network of investors, and other stakeholders to deepen the supporting infrastructure and ensure that quality standards are maintained across board with a view to accelerating the momentum of the ICT sector in the state.
Also speaking, the Chairman, Board of Directors of Harmony Holdings Limited, Professor Halidu Abubakar identified ICT as an integral part of doing business across the world, pointing out that the Computer Village would create specialised market for computer and allied instruments.
Earlier in his address, the Group Managing Director, Harmony Holdings Limited, Mr. Tope Daramola had disclosed that the edifice would sit on 4,600 square meters of land.
Mr. Daramola added that the Computer Village would host a cluster of high-tech businesses and associated businesses that favour Information Technology related business that would enable the state to serve as hub in ICT business.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides