By Arowona Abdulazeez, Ilorin
The Kwara State Government in collaboration with GlaxoSmithkline Pharmaceuticals, have inaugurated the Medical-Van (Med-van), to provide education on drugs, illnesses and disease to healthcare providers in suburban and rural areas across the state.
Dr Atolagbe Alege, Kwara Commissioner for Health, on Tuesday in Ilorin said this is a good initiatives that is brought to the state in promotion of good healthcare provision.
He said the initiatives consist of educating on new procedures of treatment, interacting with healthcare providers in remote areas, sharing focus and impact of drugs on patients.
Alege noted that Kwara is the first state the med-van initiative is commencing out of the whole of Africa.
Speaking at the inauguration, Dr Omolaja Odunuga, GSK medical Director, explained that Med-van is the first mobile continuous medical education provider in Nigeria.
He added that GSK facilities will train doctors, pharmacists and other healthcare provider in the state.
“We will keep in touch with them and continuously provide cutting edge technology that will help in area of health,” he said.
Odunuga also said with this initiative, every four out of five Nigeria would be able to access quality health care.
He added that there will be virtual learning centers for on-going capacity building to get the best practices available for healthcare providers.
In his goodwill message, Dr Kunle Olawepo, the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) Chairman said the association is partner in the initiative of promoting good health.
According to him, 20 locations would be visited with the med-van, including, Kiama, Baruten local government, Shaare, Ifelodun LGA, and Jebba in Moro LGA, among others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion