Kwara launches house-to-house monitoring of open defecation
AUTHORITY of the Kwara State Environmental Protection Agency (KWEPA), has launched a house to house inspection in the state.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the move is to curb open defecation which is one of the major factors responsible for the spread of diseases. READ ALSO: Pastor confesses to have slept with mother and 2 daughters in Abeokuta
KWEPA Spokesperson, Adejoke Adekunle, in a statement issued on Saturday noted that the inspection commenced at Sango axis in Ilorin where Environmental Health Officers and some members of staff of the Agency thoroughly inspected houses to ascertain the provision of toilet facilities in the buildings.
According to her “In the course of inspection, about Twenty (20) houses in the area covered were issued with abatement notices for lack of toilet facilities while those with soak away system that have not been evacuated; and another one referred to as a source of water contaminant also received abatement notices.” READ ALSO: SAD…..Middle-aged woman crushed to death in Ilorin
The General Manager of the Agency, Alhaji Sa’ad Ayuba Dan-Musa, had in a live radio programme disclosed that the Agency will be starting from Sango due to complaints received from well meaning Kwarans which presents the area as one of the dirtiest areas in the State.
The Head of department, Waste Management, Mrs Olawumi Taiwo Adedotun, said that Environmentalists known as wole-wole were highly feared in times past as people see them as enforcer of cleanliness. READ ALSO: BREAKING….Kwara poly students are law abiding— Spokesman
She advised the Environmental Officers to be committed, dedicated as well as discharge their duties effectively for successful enforcement of environmental cleanliness and sanity.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill