The Speaker, Mr Yakubu Danladi, announced the confirmation of the nominees after each of them appeared before the House for screening during Thursday’s plenary.
The nominees confirmed by the House were Aliyu Kora-Sabi from Baruten Local Government Area; Raji Razaq, Ekiti; Fatima Ariola-Lawal, Ilorin East, and Aliyu Muhammad-Saifudeen, Kaiama.
Others were Sulaiman Rotimi Iliasu, from Moro local government area and Wahab Femi Agbaje from Offa.
The seventh nominee that is yet to confirmed is Saadah Maddibbo Kawu from Ilorin South, was said to be in Saudi Arabia for lesser Hajj.
The speaker directed the Clerk of the House, Hajia Halimah Perogi, to inform the state governor on the confirmation of the six nominees.
The six confirmed commissioner nominees were among the members of the state executive executive council dissolved in December 2020 by the governor after a year in office.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG