The Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kwara State Command, Umar J.G. Mohammed on Wednesday handed over the recovered stolen vehicle, with chassis number No. 2TIBR3E67C846903, to the owner in Ilorin, the state capital.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the car was stolen in Kaduna State but was recovered in Ilorin by the NSCDC.
The spokesman of the command, Ayeni Olasunkanmi, said: “The vehicle was intercepted by the officers of the command when the suspect was trying to sell the car in the Ilorin metropolis.
“The suspect allegedly offered to sell the car for N800,000, whereas the current market price of the car is said to be between N4.5 million and N5 million.”
According to Olasunkanmi: “The intended buyer alerted the officers who intercepted the car but the suspect went at large when he discovered that the intended buyer was up to something. The car was taken to the state headquarters, where it was later handed over to the owner, Alfred Hassan, who came all the way from Kaduna.”
Hassan had earlier reported the case to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Nigeria Police Force in Kaduna on October 23, 2023.
The suspect reportedly visited Alfred Motors Nigeria Limited, pretending that he wanted to buy the car. When he was allowed to drive the vehicle for testing, he absconded with the car.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death