Kwara Task Force tours petrol stations to ease fuel scarcity, urges calm
Several fuel stations in Ilorin metropolis were visited today by the Kwara State Task Force on Fuel Scarcity led by the Deputy Governor, Mr Kayode Alabi.
Major filling stations that were not dispensing to the satisfaction of the motorists, tricyclists and motorcyclists were directed to do so with immediate effect and under close supervision, according to a statement issued by the deputy governor’s spokesperson, Modupe Joel.
The task force also ensured that stations, which hoarded fuel before, started dispensing, a step that has started easing the stress of the scarcity being experienced in recent times.
Some Jerrycans containing hoarded premium motor spirit were also seized from some petrol stations, while the task force cautioned against such behaviour which imposes untold hardship on the people.
The fuel stations were generally implored to support the government in building a peaceful society.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG