Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State has finally bowed to pressure in the ongoing crises rocking the Kwara State University, Malete.
It would be recalled that Ahmed had approved the appointment of an acting Vice chancellor for the varsity and ordered the pioneer VC, Professor Abdulrasheed Na’Allah, whose tenure will expore on July 27, 2019 to proceed on a terminal leave.
This decision has however caused uproar in the system as both the students union, university community and interest group have expressed dissatisfaction over the matter.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the University was shutdown indefinitely few days ago in reaction to the controversial circumstances.
At meeting held at the weekend with the governing council of the varsity, Governor Ahmed has directed the authority to go ahead with its affairs in line with due process.
A statement issued on Sunday read thus:
All pending issues surrounding the Kwara State University’s Crisis has been resolved
His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kwara State and Visitor to the prestigious institution in his wisdom has resolved all the issues causing the crisis.
More so, he gave a directive to the Governing Board to go ahead with all necessary process and procedures in line with due process as provided in the KWASU Gazette 2009 (as amended)
Our Governor and the Visitor is a known man of due process.
- BREAKING… Kwara Governor rejoices with PDP over Appeal Court verdict
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers