Kwara State Government has directed all the Continuing Education Centres in the State through the Kwara State Agency for Mass Education to pay up their approval/registration and renewal fees or face the full wrath of law.
ROYAL NEWS reports the move was in a bid to generate more revenue to the State.
The Acting Executive Director of the Agency for Mass Education, Mallam Yusuf Saka who was represented by the H.O.D Continuing Education Mallam Atanda AbdulGaniy made this known during the tour of the Centres by the Agency’s team.
Mallam Yusuf Saka expressed his displeasure that despite the sensitization and advocacy by the Agency, extra mural/coaching centres, computer institutes and cyber cafes have refused to register their centres for approval, as well as pay their yearly renewal.
He reiterated that the enforcement exercise was embarked on due to lack of compliance by the centres, adding that offenders will be made to face the full wrath of law.
Mallam Yusuf Saka however, charged the proprietors of the coaching/extra mural centres to join hands with the Government to boost the revenue profile of the State.
The enforcement team was led by the H.O.D continuing Education Mallam Atanda AbdulGaniy and the desk officers of the unit, Mr Adedare J.O and Mrs Komolafe Atinuke, among others.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo