Ibrahim made this disclosure during SSANU’s 41st Regular National Executive Council (NEC) meeting hosted by Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife Branch, on Thursday.
He said that the economic downturn was taking its toll on Nigerians as prices of goods were skyrocketing beyond control.
“Union leaders cannot fold their hands and allow people to witness another hardship again; all hands must be on deck to fight for our rights,” he said.
The SSANU president explained that the organised labour would soon come out with a position on the planned increase in fuel price across the country.
He noted that 40% of the agreements SSANU signed with Federal Government was not implemented.
The SSANU president commended the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof Eyitope Ogunbodede, for maintaining peaceful coexistence wit”’ staff and students of the institution.
He charged the vice-chancellor to use aper form in place of written examination for staff promotion, adding that there should be reward for commitment to duty as well as punishment for negligence of duty.
In his remark, the vice-chancellor, appreciated SSANU for chosen OAU for its 41st Regular NEC meeting.
Ogunbodede said that OAU SSANU had been playing pivotal roles in the smooth running affairs of the university, saying that there are no outstanding issue to settle with the union.
He commended the past and present exco of SSANU for their understanding and cooperation with the school authorities.
“We have issue that can cause mayhem on the ground, but due to the mutual understanding between the duo, we have been able to work together in a friendly way; the members have been so supportive,” he stated.
He charged SSANU to address the issue of shortcomings of Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System through cooperation, saying that was the only way out to solve the problem with IPPIS.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities