Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry investigating cases of brutality and human rights abuses by the Police and its disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) has concluded its assignment.
Chairman of the Panel, Justice Doris Okuwobi told newsmen that the long-awaited report of the October 20, 2020 Lekki Tollgate ‘shootings’ is being prepared as investigation of the incident, including the taking of evidence and exhibits, had been completed.
Okuwobi assured petitioners that the panel’s recommendations would include compensation to victims, if any, of the Lekki Tollgate incident.
She added that untreated or unconcluded petitions will be sent to the supervising Lagos State Ministry of Justice, which may set up a human rights body to handle them.
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries