By Akin Richy, Osogbo
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Osun State has described as laughable the purported defection of the former Deputy Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Hon Lasun Yusuf from the APC, noting that his defection is “good riddance to bad rubbish”.
The party said Osun APC remained unperturbed, and will not lose sleep over the defection of Hon Lasun from the APC, adding that, in the last 7 years, he added no value to the development of the party.
This reaction was contained in a statement issued from party’s Directorate of Publicity, Research and Strategy and signed by its Director, Kunle Oyatomi Esq and made available to Newsmen on Saturday in Osogbo, the state capital.
The Osun APC said the party will not, in any way, feel the absence of Hon Lasun Yusuf, adding that his defection is a blessing to the party.
“It is pertinent to tell the public what they already know that Hon Lasun Yusuf is a “noisemaker and paperweight politician” whose mind has left the party since 2018 after he contested for governorship primary election and failed and he has consistently been failing to win elections, even in his Poling Unit”.
“Our party will show Hon Yusuf that truly, he has no electoral value because, when he worked against the party, APC recorded so much electoral victories and the next election won’t be an exemption”.
The party therefore, urged members of the APC to stay away from enemies of the party who portray themselves as party men but they are worse than those in opposition
Osun APC therefore, enjoined party members and supporters to be resolute in their support and “canvass for new loyal members into the party as our doors are widely open, for whoever wants to join.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates