The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has commiserated with the leadersip of the Christian Association of Nigeria,(CAN) Kwara State chapter over the demise of its chairman, Bishop Paul Olawoore.
Late Olawoore was a committed tool of peaceful co-existence among the entire followers of christ in the state, the Emir said in a condolence message issued by his Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Monday.
According the statement, “No community, nation and socio-economic activities can progress without absolute peace and tranquility among inhabitants of the community. The reign of Bishop Paul Olawoore as Kwara CAN chairman witnessed tremendous unity among the Christian faithful as well as peaceful co-existence with Muslims in the Ilorin Emirate and beyond.
“His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, hereby express his condolence over the colossal loss which befell the state few days ago.
“The emir condole with the widow and the entire families, both immediate and extended left behind by the deceased.
“May God repose the soul of the departed clergyman and give the entire Christian community both in the state and at the national level the grace to cope with the exit of Bishop Olawoore.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA