Alhaji Mohammed Abacha, son to the late for former Head of State, Gen. Sanni Abacha , has emerged as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) in Kano State.
Mohammed Abacha will fly the PDP flag for the 2023 governorship elections, ROYAL NEWS reports.
At the party’s primary held on Wednesday, Abacha polled 736 votes to defeat his closest rival, Jafar Sani-Bello, who scored 710 votes.
The Returning Officer, Hajiya Amina Garba, declared Abacha as the winner of the primaries having scored 736 votes.
Meanwhile, the Chairman the Electoral Committee, Alhaji Mohammed Jamu, said the primaries were legally conducted with validly-elected delegates and supervised by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, police and State Security Service operatives. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community