Rep. Alphonsus Komsol (APC, Shendam/Quan Pan/Mikang Federal Constituency of Plateau), says the All Progressives Congress (APC) will be stronger after the party’s membership registration and re-validation exercise.
Komsol stated this shortly after re-validating his membership of the party alongside his wife at Kwap Kuwa polling unit, Pangshom Ward in Shendam Local Government Area.
He said that the exercise would enable old members to renew their membership and commitment to the party while new ones were expected to join the fold.
“The APC has done enough to attract new members to the party and has performed creditably in education, health and infrastructure, among other sectors.
“This exercise has made me and other registered members bonafide members of the party who can vote and be voted for,” he said.
The lawmaker described the exercise as smooth and seamless, appealing to stakeholders and party officials to conduct it with sincerity.
“They should also conduct it in accordance with the guidelines stipulated by the party’s national leadership.
Chief Latep Dabang, Plateau APC Chairman, said the party had received lots of defectors from 2014 and needed to revalidate its membership status.
“We have commenced the training of officials to conduct the exercise across the state,” Dabang said. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal