LGs Poll: KWASIEC members visit INEC, seek support
Chairman of the newly inaugurated Kwara State Independent Electoral Commission, (KWASIEC), Mr Okanla Baba, has appealed for the support of the authority of the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) in the state.
The KWASIEC boss stated this during a courtesy visit to the INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner, (REC) Malam Attahiru Madami, on Tuesday.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Okanla Baba was accompanied by the entire members of KWASIEC.
He said: “The essence of the visit was to thank the REC and solicit for the Commission’s assistance and cooperation to enable them discharge their duties deligently.”
In his response, the INEC REC urged KWASIEC members to discharge their duty with all sense of integrity, honesty, dedication and Passion for the job.
Madami further advised that they put in writing specific areas they need assistance for the commission to seek for approval from the National Headquarters.
He therefore assured KWASIEC of the Commission’s readiness to give them necessary assistance.
It would be recalled that with the inauguration of the KWASIEC by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, arrangements are on top gear for the conduct of Local Government elections in the state.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate