The Minister of Defence Maj. Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (Rtd) has assured the armed forces personel of the continous payment of the insurance cover under the Group Life Assurance Scheme .(GLAS)
The Special Assistant to the Minister on Media and Publicity, Mohammad Abdulkadri stated this in a statement made available to ROYAL NEWS.
Magashi who spoke at a press briefing organised for the forthcoming 2021 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration, (AFRDC) held at the Abacha Hall of the National Defence College Abuja.
He recalled as a testimony the Ministry of Defence’s commitment to the scheme on how, in February this year, public presentation of cheques was made to 184 next-of-kin of some deceased officers and men of the armed forces for the 2018/2019 benefiaries.
He rolled out some of the activities lined up by the Ministry for the 2021 AFRDC to include the Nigerian Legeon Humanitarian Day slated for 23rd this month while the Emblem Launch by President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to come up on 28th and the religious services come up on Fri 8th January for jumat at the National Mosque and the Inter-denominational Service on Sunday 10th at the National Worship Centre, Abuja.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that some of the achievements of the Minister are; replacement of robust pensions administration for prompt payment of pensions by the military pensions board, actionable health insurance service for veterans, widows and dependants of the fallen heroes under the mandate of the Defence Health Maintenance Limited, DHML as well as the federal government payment of the group life assurance through the Ministry of Defence among others.
He also placed on record the gradual returning of the sizeable numbers of the Internally Displaced Persons to their ancestral homes under the Rebuilding and Resettlement programmes that have also ensured systematic returns of civil institutions in some of the North East Communities affected by the activities of the insurgents.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn