The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has cautioned EndSARS protesters against breaching National Security Architecture.
Magashi stated this when the National Coordinator Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO) Danladi Pasali led members of executive council drawn from its headquarters, zonal and state levels paid a courtesy visit on him.
The statement was issued by the Special Assistant to the Minister on Media and Publicity, Mohammad AbdulKadri, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He extoled the virtues of President Muhammadu Buhari whom he described as a forthright leader and thanked members of the Buhari Campaign Organisation for promoting his political ideology, democratic governance, Rule of Law and philosophy.
The minister who told the group of his pioneering membership of the Buhari Organisation which dates back to the years of defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) told them to fortify their flanks and ranks against subversive peneration of mischief makers capable of causing distraction, disaffection and division among them.
He assured them of the unabated support of the Ministry of Defence in actualising their lofty programmes in raising the bar of National security.
Magaishi said the Ministry will leverage on their
structure in the 774 Local Council areas and 36 States of the Federation as well as the Federal Capital Territory in intelligence gathering.
Earlier, the National Coordinator of the Organisation, Danladi Pasali said the objective of the courtesy call was to congratulate the Minister on his one year in office and to thank him for emplacing what he called gigantic reforms in the military.
While thanking the minister for his focused leadership in contributing to the national peace and security, they offered to render service to the relevant authorities to burst crimes capable of threatening Peace and Security in the country.
Pasali also recalled the dogged and dedicated roles played by the group in the electoral victories of President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2011 and 2019 Presidential elections adding that the organisation is spurred to establish National/ Community Support Security Initiative to key into the fight against Boko HaramTerrorists in the North East, Banditry in the North Central and kidnapping in the Niger Delta Region.
He therefore solicited the backing of the Ministry for the initiative to succeed in adding values to the National Security Aspirations to end insecurity in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections