A 40-year-old man, Pius Oshai, was on Tuesday arraigned at a Surulere Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos, for allegedly defiling an eight-year-old girl.
Oshai, who resides at No. 624, Ikota Housing Estate, Lekki, Lagos, pleaded not guilty to the one-count charge of defilement.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Anthonia Osayande, told the court that the accused committed the offence at No. 624, Ikota Housing Estate, Lekki, Lagos, at about 2pm on October 11.
She said the accused lured the girl to his apartment while her parents were not around and defiled her.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
Ruling on the bail application of the accused, Chief Magistrate Ipaye Nwachukwu, granted Oshai bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.
She said one of the sureties should be gainfully employed with verified address and should provide evidence of tax payments to the court.
The case was adjourned to Dec.20, pending advice from the Director of Public Prosecution.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC