The Chairman of the Manufacturing Association of Nigeria, Kwara/Kogi zone, Dr. Kamorudeen Yusuf, has advised Nigerians to be keen in the nation’s economic recovery process by patronizing locally made products describing it as capable of stimulating the economy towards positive directions.
The Chairman who is also the Chief Executive Officer of KAM Industries Limited in a statement issued in Ilorin on Friday expressed confidence that Nigeria will soon overcome the current economic challenges stressing that “diversification of the nation’s economy remain the only solution”.
He further identified agriculture, steel and entrepreneurial skills among others as genuine alternatives towards boosting the nation’s economy in the face global fall in the price of petroleum products adding that government at all levels should always complement the efforts of industrialists.
Dr. Yusuf however expressed hope that “If power supply and roads are fixed, Nigeria’s economy will geometrically bounce back and it will also have positive effects on the prices of commodity. We are living in a world of global change and all hands must be on deck towards ensuring that the desire change is effective everywhere.”
He also stressed that “World powers of today have their past too. Patronizing indigenous product will add more purchasing values to our currency and our teeming youths will get more jobs and markets will also be busy at all times. and more so, it will save us huge foreign exchange.
“In addition, this act will no doubt portray the independent nation that we claim to be. Although, we cannot produce all that we need in Nigeria but you will agree will me that Nigerian Manufacturers are wonderful, despite all odds, they still resisted all the challenges in a bid to contributing their quotas to the nation.”
He therefore assured that the association under his watch will continue to ensure standards and safety in the manufacturing industries for the growth and development of the nation.
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption