The Red Devils have gone three games without a goal.
Ahead of the Derby, United have played three consecutive 0-0 draws.
City, on the other hand, have opened a 14-point lead at the top of the Premier League table.
United have managed just two wins from their last eight league games, but Solskjaer insists his team are not out of form.
“We had a week without scoring a goal,” Solskjaer told a news conference on Friday.
“It’s not like six weeks with bad form. Not long we won 9-0 [against Southampton], 4-0 against a Real Sociedad team that should have won against Real Madrid at the weekend.
“I’m not buying into the narrative we’ve had such a dip in form. We’ve not had margins. Three 0-0s isn’t us and it’s not what we set out to do. We’ve defended well but lacked that spark to score. I don’t buy the out of form one.”
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85