The Nasarawa State Police Command has arrested one Mr Emmanuel Ishaya of Ushata village for allegedly killing Isaac Joshua, his friend’s seven-year-old son, for ritual.
The Command’s Spokesman, DSP Idrissu Kenedy, on Wednesday said that the suspect was arrested following a report to the police by the father of the deceased, Joshua Ebini, on the disappearance of his son on Oct. 10.
He said that information from the suspect led to the arrest of three other suspects while a fourth accomplice to the alleged crime was still at large.
Kenedy said the suspects, during interrogation, confessed to the crime with each of them narrating his level of involvement.
He said that the prime suspect, Ishaya, confessed to have lured the boy away from the father’s house on a motorbike to a forest and killed him with a stick.
Ishaya confessed that he removed the seven-year-old boy’s genital and right buttock as requested by his collaborators.
The spokesman said investigation revealed that the whole ideal was muted by Aderogba Tunde.
He said that Tunde made another suspect, Isah Ogah, to believe that his aged father in Ogbomosho, Oyo State, had the power to make money ritual provided they could provide some human parts.
He said, “Isah claimed not to be interested in taking human life in order to make money, but contacted Yohanna Ibaku, who brought Emmanuel Ishaya, the prime suspect, into the deal.”
He said the remains of the deceased were recovered from where they were dumped and buried by the family.
Kenedy said that the police was on the trail of the other suspects and that all the suspects would be prosecuted as soon as investigation was concluded on the matter.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG