The Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC),Kwara State Command on Wednesday said it was investigating cases of suspected ritual killings in addition to curbing “pocket of vandalism and adultration of lubricating oil” in the state.
The state’s commandant of the corps, Mr. Ideba Pedro, said this when he received the newly elected executive members of the correspondents’ chapel of Nigeria Union of Journalists, Kwara state chapter in his office.
Ideba said the command, under his leadership had stepped up it operation in combating crimes in line with its core mandates, assuring the federal government that it would not regret the reasons for which the core was established .
The commandant said though, the crime level in Kwara is very low compared to other states of the federation where he had served, “there are still some crimes that you cannot imagine.
“We are investigating cases of ritual killings, pocket of vandalism and adultration of lubricants oil”,he said.
The commandant said the command has zero tolerance for corruption and had developed a slogan which goes thus: “Collect Bribe, You Die to” constantly remind officers and men of the corps to shun corrupt tendencies.
Chairman of the correspondents’ chapel, Mr. Layi Olanrewaju had praised the command for ensuring good working relationship with journalists in the state even as it commended the corps for its doggedness in fighting crimes.
He said “because of the civil manner in which officers and men of corps carry out their duties, many people now prefer to take their cases to Civil Defence”.
During the visit, executives of the correspondents chapel and senior officers of the commands interacted and asked questions and clarifications on gray areas and issues bothering on professionalism.
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption