A 32-year-old man, Obed Fwoms, was on Thursday arraigned in an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court for allegedly stabbing his neighbour with a knife on his manhood.
Fwoms, a resident of Awori in Dopemu, Agege, Ikeja, is standing trial on a charge of wounding and similar acts.
The prosecutor, Insp Nwosu George, told the court that the accused committed the offence on Nov. 17 at his residence.
George said that the accused unlawfully assaulted one Emeka Ofoke by stabbing him with a knife on his manhood.
He said, “Ofoke said that he was coming from work when he saw other tenants in the compound gathering around Fwoms.
“The complainant said he asked one of his neighbours what had happened and he was told that Fwoms damaged the ceiling of the house to connect electricity supply without informing others.
“Ofoke, who confronted the accused on what he had done, told him it was only a thief that would damage the ceiling of the house without informing other tenants.
“He said the accused, who was annoyed about the statement, brought out a knife from his pocket and stabbed his manhood with it.
“The complainant said he was quickly rushed to the hospital by his neighbours who were at the scene of the incident.
“The case was reported to the police and the accused was arrested for further questioning.”
The prosecutor said that the offence contravened Section 244 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Section 244 prescribes a three-year jail term for wounding and similar acts.
Magistrate M.O Osinbajo granted the accused bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties.
The magistrate said the sureties must be gainfully employed and should show evidence of two years tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
Further hearing in the case was fixed for Dec. 19.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment