Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara says manufacturing is an important means of reducing unemployment in Nigeria.
AbdulRazaq made the observation on Monday in Ilorin while receiving the Director-General of Standard Organisation of Nigeria(SON), Alhaji Farouk Salim.
Represented by his deputy, Mr Kayode Alabi, the governor said manufacturers should receive more support from government to produce international standard products, thereby boosting exports and creating jobs.
AbdulRazaq assured that his administration would encourage small and medium scale businesses, and partner SON to uphold standards.
Salim had earlier said he was in the state to inaugurate the organisation’s new office complex and inspect some manufacturing companies in the state.
He said the organisation would sign a memorandum of understanding with the state government to educate small scale industries on standard products.
The director-general appealed to the state government to provide supportive infrastructure to manufacturers and other businesses in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50