According to Mirror, the Duchess of Sussex made this known in the latest episode of her podcast, Archetypes, where she expressed her desire to learn more about her roots.
In the episode, Markle discussed with American actress Issa Rae, Nigerian-American writer Ziwe Fumudoh, and professor Emily Bernards, stating she took a genealogy test which revealed that she is 43% Nigerian.
“I just had my genealogy done a couple of years ago,” Markle stated.
When her guests asked her to share what the results entailed, she said, “I just had my genealogy done a couple of years ago, I’m 43% Nigerian.”
She was further asked by Ziwe what tribe is from, “Are you serious? This is huge. Igbo, Yoruba, do we know?”
The Duchess of Sussex answered saying, “I’m going to start to dig deeper into all of this because anyone that I’ve told, especially Nigerian women, are just like, what?”
The podcast revelation was the first time Meghan opened up about her ancestral background on the public stage.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC