The military knocked out many Boko Haram/Islamic States for West African Province terrorists’ hideouts in the northeast in the last one week, the Defence Headquarters said in Abuja on Thursday.
Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, told newsmen that between Nov. 12 and Nov. 18, troops adopted sustained vigilance and offensive postures through comprehensive ground and air operations leading to the killing of some terrorists.
He said that an Improvised Explosive Devices maker was arrested, and a cache of arms and ammunition and other fighting equipment were recovered during the period.
According to him, troops of Operation Fireball, a wing of Operation Lafiya Dole, cleared the terrorists’ hideouts and neutralised two at Ladantar in Borno.
He added that troops also foiled terrorists’ attacks on Gwoza town in Borno where one terrorist was killed and arms and ammunition recovered on Nov. 12.
Enenche said the Air Component continued to execute successive bomb and rocket runs, on targeted terrorists’ enclaves at Njimia, Goba and Dure village areas in the Sambisa forest in Borno during the period.
He said multiple air strikes were executed on the locations and the devastating hits from the air strikes led to the killing of scores of terrorists.
“Several of the terrorists’ logistics facilities were destroyed by the devastating hits from the air strikes, while many of their fighters fled in disarray.
“The Military High Command commends the gallant troops for their resilience, doggedness and commitment during the encounters.
“The general public is hereby assured of the determination of the High Command of the Armed Forces of Nigeria to rout the criminal elements from the North East,’’ Enenche said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency