President Buhari has said that the construction of modular refineries in the country will increase availability of fuel and also stop its importation.
Speaking during the virtual inauguration of the 5,000 barrels per day (bpd) Waltersmith modular refinery in Ibigwe, Imo state and ground-breaking ceremony for the second phase to expand the refinery’s capacity to 50,000bpd, Buhari said the deployment of modular refineries was one of the four key elements of his administration’s refinery roadmap rolled out in 2018.
The President also averred that its implementation will make Nigeria a net exporter of petroleum products.
”The realisation of the refinery roadmap will ultimately lead us to becoming a net exporter of petroleum products not only to our neighbouring countries but to the worldwide market.
”This is the largest commissioned modular refinery in the country today.
”The role played by the federal government through the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) in going into collaboration with Waltersmith Refining and Petrochemical Company is novel in concept and superb in delivery.”
Buhari directed the ministry of petroleum resources, Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and other relevant government agencies to provide Waltersmith with all necessary support to access crude oil and condensate feedstock for timely delivery of the additional capacity. He also commended the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) for making the public-private partnership (PPP) a success and Waltersmith for their professionalism and focus in getting the project completed.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements