Akon says the death of his good friend, Michael K. Williams, proves the rich and famous struggle more than the poor.
The singer said the actor, who was found dead at home from an apparent drug overdose, is the latest example of how the “facade of success” can send celebrities into a tailspin.
Speaking to TMZ on Tuesday, September 7, at Petrossian in Los Angeles, Akon gave an insight into the reason for Williams’ death.
Akon said: “Dude, the famous and the rich go through more issues than the poor.
“You know when they say more money, more problems, that’s a real thing.”
He also talked about how the pandemic has masked real mental health struggles.
Akon then warned that drugs and alcohol never solve difficult issues, instead they send people down a dark path that, in Michael’s case, ends in tragedy.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- NBC revokes licences of Ray Power FM, Silverbird TV, 50 other stations
- Nigerian Govt to block access to online loan firms
- No short shelf doses of COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria — FG
- NiMet predicts 3-day rains, thunderstorms from Friday
- Emirates suspends flights to, from Nigeria
- Flight tickets skyrocket as aviation fuel hits N903
- PDP constitutes caretaker committee for Osun
- Osun Guber: Court strikes out suit against Ademola Adeleke
- Strike: Federal Govt’s offer miserable — ASUU
- Poultry farmers lament high cost of raw material