Seven family members of the Emir of Kajuru, Alhaji Alhassan Adamu have regained freedom after two months in captivity.
The monarch and his family members were abducted by bandits who stormed his residence on July 11, 2021. The Emir was released 24 hours after the abduction.
Daily Trust reported that the kidnap victims said to be three women, three male and an infant were released on Wednesday September 8, after an undisclosed amount were paid as ransom.
A title holder in the emirate, Dan Iyan Kajuru Saidu Musa who confirmed the release of the victims, said children and grand children of the Emir are still in captivity.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud