Ukrainian government ombudsman Lyudmyla Denysova says more than 210 Ukrainian civilians have been killed and more than 1,100 wounded in Russia’s invasion.
“With unseen cruelty, the enemy is destroying residential buildings, hospitals, kindergartens and schools, taking away the right to live from the sons and daughters of Ukrainian land, including children,” she said in a social media post.
Denysova gave examples of some of the civilian deaths, including a child killed in the shelling of a hospital in Kyiv, and a woman killed after a missile hit a residential building in Kharkiv.
She called for Russia to be “punished severely for these crimes”.
“Ukraine is noting down all these facts and will pass them on to the military tribunal in The Hague,” she said.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi