A former Nasarawa State Commissioner for Agriculture and Water Resources, Prof. Alanana Otaki has been sued by a Deputy Provost of College of Agriculture, Science and Technology, Lafia, Dr Peter Aboki, for allegedly snatching his wife, Mrs Felicia Aboki from him.
Peter through his counsel Shikama Shyeltu, applied for stay of any form of relationship between his wife and Mr Otaki who was one of the commissioners sacked by Governor Abdullahi Sule on Monday August 30, pending the determination of a substantive petition filed by Felicia seeking an end to her 18-year marriage to him.
According to Shyeltu, his client got the counter affidavit a few minutes to the commencement of the court sitting, hence the need for adjournment to give them time to study it.
“They served us with their counter affidavit this morning, therefore, we can’t proceed with the motion. By law, we are supposed to be given time to respond.”
Counsel for Otaki, Mr Joseph Agbo however stated that his client shouldn’t have been added to the lawsuit as he has nothing to do with the couple’s marital crisis.
“We came to court after entering appearance. There were two motions, but we have filed our processes. On getting to the court this morning, the respondent said our paper was just served on him this morning, but the paper was filed since last week and we are not party to the case.”
However after Mrs Aboki’s counsel, Mr David Meshi revealed that his client was divorcing her husband because she is no longer interested in the marriage during the hearing on Monday August 30, the presiding judge, Mr Abubakar Lanze adjourned the case till September 15, 2021, for hearing of the application.
Lanze said the adjournment was to allow the applicant, Peter, study the counter affidavit filed by the respondents, Felicia and Otaki.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion