The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC), recorded 39 new COVID-19 infections and zero death in the past 24 hours in the country.
It said the figure pushed nationwide number of COVID-19 cases to 165,340 and death toll to 2,065.
The NCDC disclosed this on its official Twitter handle on Friday.
It said that 30 people recovered and were discharged on Friday, which brought the country’s total recoveries to 155,454.
The health agency said that the newly-recorded COVID-19 cases were reported across seven states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
“Lagos topped the list with 23 infections, followed by FCT’ 4, Kano 4, Zamfara 4, Akwa Ibom 1, Gombe 1, Nasarawa 1 and Plateau 1,” it said.
NCDC said that since the pandemic broke out in the country in February 2020, the nation had carried out 1,939,165 tests across the 36 states and the FCT.
It stated that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections