This was submission by facilitators at a 2-day media engagement for Women in politics.
Hajia Binta Abubakar Mora emphasised the elements of writing a good story to encourage women in politics. Interview must engerder trust from the women.
Mora encouraged journalists to make background research about female into politics, her achievements in her career field, and how she can bring her experiences into politics.
She also highlighted that writing positive articles before the interview to spur her. Also, the interview shold be granted at her comfort zone.
Speaking on Nigerian media system which is patriarchy, Mora aaid despite women having greater number but outshined by men, thereby calling for changing the narratives.
Debunking myths about women in politics, Mrs. Mora said, “people believe women in politics are rude and wayward. But that’s not true and needs to be changed”. Others will also also asked if she would remain desent and faithful after venturing into politics.
Also, delivering his interactive session, the CEO of Modisult Media, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona noted that females should be deliberately groomed early age into politics so that they wouldn’t be strangers when they vyiing into political position eventually.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the session was tagged: Best Practices in Reporting Women Before, During and After Election to Sustain Visibility for Women in Media.
Arowona said, “The journey of 20 years to come should start now. Are women truly ready to take their rightful position? Their intention will help reporters’ work in their reportage.”
“Women should both build and redeem their image through giving back to the society. These activities should be adequately reported in the media.”
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution